Education and Me (“Education & me”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us, or which we collect, via various channels (including our website, through written correspondence (including e-mail), conversations or meetings with our consultants, or through any of our offices or websites globally), is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information we collect
We will collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your Curriculum Vitae (“CV”). On occasion this will also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. When we receive your details and CV electronically, this may be through a direct application on one of our websites or an application that you have made through a third-party job board.
We will likely obtain further personal information about you during our relationship with you. This information may be obtained from you directly or from third parties, such as organisations to whom we have provided your CV and who have engaged with you as part of a job application.
How we use your Personal Information
We will hold, use and disclose your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes including:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to retain your details and notify you about future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Before we do so, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- to provide further services to you by sharing your personal information with other companies within our Group of companies as well as trusted third parties. Further details about this are set out in the separate section below on Sharing your Personal Information;
- to release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if we are required or permitted to do so;
The Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Information
Under GDPR, the main grounds that we rely upon to process personal information of clients and candidates are the following:
(a) Necessary for entering into, or performing, a contract – to perform obligations that we undertake in providing a service to you, or in order to take steps at your request to enter into a contract with us, it will be necessary for us to process your personal data;
(b) Necessary for compliance with a legal obligation – we are subject to certain legal requirements which may require us to process your personal data. We may also be obliged by law to disclose your personal data to a regulatory body or law enforcement agency;
How we share your Personal Information
In certain circumstances we will share your personal information with other parties. Details of those parties are set out below along with the reasons for sharing it.
Where you are registered as a candidate on our database, we will share your personal information with other companies for employment purposes.
We will share your personal information as above for any or all the following purposes:
- to provide you with recruitment services;
- for business development;
- for systems development and testing;
- for development and marketing of other products and services;
- to tailor our website and the websites of other companies in our Group when you log on to make them relevant to you personally.
We disclose your personal information to clients who have vacancies for jobs in which you are interested.
Trusted third Parties
We will share your personal information and, where necessary, your sensitive personal information with trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as:
- employment reference checking;
- qualification checking;
- criminal reference checking (as required);
- verification of details you have provided from third party sources; and/or
- psychometric evaluations or skills tests.
We will also share your personal information with third parties who perform functions on our behalf and provide services to us such as:
- professional advisors;
- data analytics providers;
- IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems;
- research and mailing houses; and/or
- function co-ordinators.We require minimum standards of confidentiality and data protection from such third parties. To the extent that any personal information is provided to third parties outside the EEA, or who will access the information from outside the EEA, we will ensure that approved safeguards are in place, such as the approved Model Clauses or the EU/US Privacy Shield.
Regulatory and Law Enforcement Agencies
As noted above, if we receive a request from a regulatory body or law enforcement agency, and if permitted under GDPR and other laws, we may disclose certain personal information to such bodies or agencies.
New Business Owners
If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such event.
How long we will hold your information
The length of time we will hold or store your personal information for will depend on the services we perform for you and for how long you require these. As we often support candidates with placements over many years, and potentially throughout their careers, the purpose for which we retain candidate data is often an ongoing purpose.
We conduct regular data-cleansing and updating exercises with our candidates to ensure that (a) the data that we hold is accurate and (b) we are not holding data for too long.
Our standard terms of business state that our clients should retain candidate data such as CVs for the purposes of the specific role you apply for and that, as controllers of your data, they should inform you if they plan to retain your CV on file in order to notify you about potential future roles, or to otherwise hold or use your data for other purposes.
Your rights on information we hold about you
You have certain rights in relation to personal information we hold about you. Details of these rights and how to exercise them are set out below. We will require evidence of your identity before we are able to act on your request.
Right of Access
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the personal information about you that we hold. Where we have good reason, and if the GDPR permits, we can refuse your request for a copy of your personal information, or certain elements of the request. If we refuse your request or any element of it, we will provide you with our reasons for doing so.
Right of Correction or Completion
completed. You can let us know by contacting us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
To the extent that we are processing your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the details in the Contact section below.
We may pass your name and email address on to our customer reviews partner Trustpilot. Trustpilot is an independent company specialising in collecting impartial customer feedback. Any feedback you provide will be publicly visible on trust pilot website, but your name and email address is not made publicly available.
You have no obligation to leave feedback for us, and Trustpilot will not share your information in any way. If you wish to opt out of being asked by Trustpilot to provide your feedback, please contact us using any of the methods in the Contact section below.
When you contact us, we will ask you to verify your identity.